Took longer than I wanted to get this done, but did my first drive way wash with the new Roadster this weekend. Nothing fancy, just a bucket and a hose. And I have some notes.
- The top is in desperate need of some 303. It acted like a sponge when the water hit it.
- Overall, the paint is in pretty good shape. I did find a couple of small dents but nothing to get in a snit over.
- Unlike the last MINI, this one has been taken care of on the outside. It might have been awhile, but it has seen the business end of claybar.
- So. Much. Chrome. Seriously, this car has more chrome than my ’65 El Camino. Most of it is ok, but some bits need polishing*.
- Black Conical Spoke wheels are super easy to clean.
With AMVIV coming up next month, I still have plenty of time to get him a full detail. Clay bar, a little polish (boot and bonnet need the machine) and a coat or 2 of NXT.
*Yes, polishing of the chrome. Even the bits that will be black after Todd get done. If it’s going to be there, you’re damned right you’ll need sunglasses to look at it. #becausechrome