This is something I am becoming increasingly tired of. People that do things half-assed, especially when it comes to auto repair. I’m sure I’m not the only one either.
- Clutch goes out. Take it in for replacement
- After 3 days, have to take it back. Transmission not properly installed
- Pick up my car from Crevier MINI and it’s leaking coolant from the heater hoses (a problem that did not exist prior to me dropping it off for the 2nd time).
- Have heater hoses replaced at a local shop. No issue this time
- Have axel rebuilt and reinstalled. 2 days later there is a grinding sound in the morning when cold, and a high pitched sound after that. Take it back to the guy that did the repair, couldn’t replicate the problem
It’s not just the work done by the dealer. It’s local mechanics too. And other things that I’m seeing on a daily basis. It’s an influx of shoddy, overpriced work and frankly I’m getting pretty tired of it.
Isn’t there anyone out there that knows how to do something right the first time?
I’m now going to take my chances with yet another MINI dealer in hopes that I can get some issues corrected _the first time_. But, if I’m honest, I really don’t expect anything less than more over-priced, shoddy work.
Maybe it is time to switch. Hell, my MINI is practically falling apart and for the cost of repairs I would have a nice down payment on a crappy Japanese econobox.
More as it becomes available. In the meantime, go check out the Countryman photos. I really like it!