You might remember I built out a few MINIs back in February with the following spec.
- Lightning Blue (R56: White Roof, R55: Silver Roof and C pillars)
- White turn signals
- Sport and Cold Weather Packs
- MC and Clubman – Xenons, front & rear fogs, rear spoiler
- MCS and Clubman S – Rear fogs, Limited Slip
- Pacific Blue leather/cloth, trimline with Piano black surfaces
- Auto A/C
I decided to do this again but with the JCW MINIs. Here is what I came up, using the same spec as listed above, followed by some notes.
JCW MINI Cooper S: $33,150
JCW MINI Cooper Clubman S: $35,900
- Through the configurator, you really only get 1 choice of wheel for the Clubman, 2 for the hardtop. I’m not counting the JCW Wheel options.
- Pacific blue leather/cloth is not available on the Clubman. Might be an over sight, but it’s not there. The Clubman was configured with Punch Leather.
- No sport package is available. You have to add the sport suspension and Xenon’s as stand alone options
For the MCS, the JCW car will cost almost $6,000 more than the non-JCW version, almost $9,000 for the Clubman.
I guess you really have to want it. It might be me, but that kind of money for 36hp, brakes, electronic traction control and some badges seems a bit steep.
It’s a brilliant car to be sure. I don’t think I could justify almost $40K (after taxes and license fees) on a MINI.