Y’all know that I’ve got the mad miles on my MINI. Getting close to 192K. I haven’t been working as much, so the miles aren’t adding up like they used to, which is a good thing. There are a few minor issues I’m having that is making her not quite so brilliant.
- Radiator has a very small leak and needs to be replaced or repaired
- Front suspension needs some work. In full lock I’m getting an odd clicking sound. Going forward, not in reverse (which was almost always there).
- Door lock motors no longer work. Either side.
- Front seats could use covers
- Paint is looking a bit rough, especially on the front
Really, not too bad considering I do have close to 13 years worth of miles on a car that is a bit more than 5 years old.
She still starts every time. Running a bit rough since I’ve had to switch to mid-grade fuel to save the pennies, but that’s easily fixed.
I am hoping to start repairs at the end of summer or sooner if the price is right and I’ve got the cash. I just want my MINI to be, you know, like a MINI again.