I know I’m going to keep my car for a while yet, but sometimes I think it would just be easier to buy a new one, then do the repairs I need to. And Todd talked about his possible Clubman last night as we were recording the show, and it got me to thinking. And, without anything better to do while the lad was getting ready for school this morning, I fired up the configurator.
I built an MC, MCS, Clubman and Clubman S with the following specs.
- Lightning Blue (R56: White Roof, R55: Silver Roof and C pillars)
- White turn signals
- Sport and Cold Weather Packs
- MC and Clubman – Xenons, front & rear fogs, rear spoiler
- MCS and Clubman S – Rear fogs, Limited Slip
- Pacific Blue leather/cloth, trimline with Piano black surfaces
- Auto A/C
I think this is a pretty good spec. Not to fancy, but not totally barebones either. Ah yes, but what would they cost? Not too shabby I think.
- R56 MINI Cooper – $24,150
- R56 MINI Cooper S – $27,300
- Clubman – $25,500
- Clubman S – $28,950
Something to think about it any rate. I really need to drive a Clubman. Come on February!