This is for you in the West…
If you are needing gas, might I recommend that you go out and fill up today. The midwest has already been affected, gas price wise, by Katrina. We are next.
Gas that my company is purchasing tonight is $.40 more per gallon than last week. Yes, I said $.40!.
That means we will be paying at least $3.60 OR MORE by the end of this week!
Some things to do to help out your gas mileage…
- If you are due for an oil change, make it happen
- Tire Pressure, tire pressure, tire pressure. It is listed on your sidewall. Don’t go over until you don’t mind having the center of your tire go bald before the shoulders
- Air Filter element. If you are still using your factory airbox and the filter hasn’t been changed for a while, now would be a great time. Available from your dealers parts desk or from Moss MINI and MINI Mania. If you are using a cleanable element, now would be a good time to clean and re-oil
- Keep your foot out of it!
- Change your shift points. Drop your shift points by 1K RPM or shift at 3K RPM’s
Even if you only pick a few of these, you could still get an increase of 3-5MPG. Sure, it’s not much, but every little bit helps.