Some key repairs were knocked out this week. Things that I have been meaning to do for a long time but couldn’t do to financial constraints. As you see above, I have 2 working headlights. Passenger side has been out for a few months now, but I rarely drive at night, so I didn’t worry. With the Strip Cruise this weekend, I wanted it to work. Ignore the non-working marker light for now, it’s on my short list.
Also completed this week was the installation of brand new front control arm bushings! [insert crowd applause here]. This particular repair has been waiting about 75K miles to get done. Again, delayed due to those very same financial issues mentioned above. And for a reason. Installation and 4 wheel alignment with a balance/rotate of the tires thrown in for good measure came to a tick under $650, not including parts.
Finally, a new boot latch has been procured and will be meeting me at AMVIV, courtesy our man at MINI of Ontario. Hopefully I can install it there.
Making big dents in my repair list if I do say so myself. Here is what’s left to be done, in no particular order.
- Replace the drivers side door lock assembly so I can open the door from the inside
- Replace the sunroof motor
- Replace the blown out motor mount
- Figure what that damned clicking noise is
- Figure out what is causing the shimy in 2nd and 4th gear under load
- Replace [insert part name here] so I can again lock and unlock my MINI with the keyfob.
But enough about that. Time to finish getting ready for AMVIV! See you tomorrow!